Business Development Manager, Data and Identity Sales
We are seeking an experienced Business Development leader with 5- 10 years of applicable experience working in the data aggregation, data analytics, and/or data services provider industry. The candidate should understand how to sell business-to-business and business-to-consumer data solutions, with demonstrable skills in business development/revenue growth and team management success. You will lead a subset…
We are seeking an experienced Business Development leader with 5- 10 years of applicable experience working in the data aggregation, data analytics, and/or data services provider industry. The candidate should understand how to sell business-to-business and business-to-consumer data solutions, with demonstrable skills in business development/revenue growth and team management success. You will lead a subset of transactional and data customer relationships with the goal of increasing the annual revenue to more than 50% the first year and 10 – 25% each subsequent year. As a key client-facing point of contact for our data and transactional customers, you are responsible for establishing the rhythm of the business for a frequent touch, low engagement strategy by implementing Allant’s go-to-market strategy for this subset of customers and prospects.
You will also support the larger Allant data acquisition business by prospecting data targets and will be responsible to close complex data acquisition solutions. By working closely with the leader of Data and Identity you will be an integral resource serving as ad hoc support of new data acquisitions and miscellaneous data support activities, third party data vendor management support, client meeting preparation, close and up-sell opportunities, and structure quotes and terms/conditions of data usage for our new and/or strategic customers.
Success will be measured by customer satisfaction as defined by more frequent use of Allant’s products and services and year over year revenue growth. A comprehensive sales plan will be developed in conjunction with the larger leadership team to mirror our revenue goals.
You will also coordinate professional services, sales enablement, production, and finance functions on behalf of your customers to best meet their immediate business needs and offer future services as their businesses evolve.
- Sells to corporate entities within a defined set of data customers that may periodically change
- Identifies and builds personal relationships with decision-makers in account territory to develop and capitalize on potential new business opportunities utilizing existing client base.
- Leads and/or participates with various internal Allant groups, to provide proposals in response to client and prospect inquiries regarding data & identity products and services, including opportunity qualification, project summary, opportunity review and associated costs
- Meets or exceeds quarterly revenue commitments to achieve data sales quotas; supports a sales pipeline of at least 2X sales quota
- Maintains executive level relationship with data and identity clients and prospects through regular communications including formal, quarterly business reviews
- Develops long term strategic growth plans and annual tactics for clients and prospects as part of Allant’s sales planning process related to data services
- Facilitates appropriate communication of project instructions and special client requests to internal Allant Operational and Analytical teams
- Build a sales and marketing plan and execute across the entire subset of data and identity customers to generate new business and introduce Allant’s depth and breadth of marketing products/services
- Work closely in support of the data and identity leadership to ensure capacity exists to move opportunities through the sales pipeline
- Establish a consistent communication cadence with executive sponsors of the data and identity accounts by introducing business value discussions through case studies, webinars, and social media content
- Structure transactional discussions that focus on Business Intelligence & Analytics, Information Management, Mobility and Social Platforms, User Experience, and Cloud-based platforms supporting the customers’ omni-channel marketing needs
Are you ready to make a difference with us?
Click the button below to email your resume.