Client Services Specialist
The Client Services Specialist is responsible for the coordination of all client informational and data processing needs on a day-to-day basis for assigned account(s).
The Client Services Specialist is responsible for the coordination of all client informational and data processing needs on a day-to-day basis for assigned account(s). Responsible for client satisfaction with entire spectrum of Allant’s services. Responsible for understanding and ensuring the activities supported by Allant are executed such that they meet the client’s overall marketing objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for time tracking and the instruction/billing process,
- Interacts with other departments in order to manage account activities and support client needs on team projects. Has strong positive working relationship with other departments.
- Maintains knowledge of Allant’s position in the marketplace as it relates to their clients and Allant’s products and services.
- Coordinates project specifications with the client and internal production staff. Determines what processes should be run through CS/DP. Ensures accuracy in all areas of processing.
- Continuously seeks cost containment/cutting opportunities. Recognizes chargeable services.
- Proactively develops client relationship. Recognizes when a client is in jeopardy and notifies appropriate management.
- Takes active responsibility in the goal to eliminate errors in completed client projects by following and/or improving departmental quality control practices.
- Serves as 1st level QC on multiple high level complex jobs. Creates/establishes QC requirements for high level jobs. Consistently meets or exceeds established low error rate standard. Creates procedures to reduce error rate.
- Works with accounting/client to address any billing questions. Works with manager/BD rep to resolve any billing inadequacies. Supports management of accounts payable for assigned accounts as appropriate.
- Prepares for and leads account reviews presentation with clients. Participates in strategic discussions, ensures best practices are followed.
- Assists with account transitions/installations. Provides SME related information regarding accounts.
- Participates in pricing discussions.
- Leads internal/client meetings as appropriate. Contributes in higher-level meetings as appropriate.
- Creates custom processing results, layouts, client/vendor notifications per job specification requirements.
- Understands client’s use of direct marketing. Recommends techniques & usage to client. Applies new direct marketing techniques to client activity. Teaches direct marketing concepts to team members. May serve as subject matter expert.
- Demonstrates increasing knowledge of the industry, marketplace, and service provider competition using periodical and web research. Shares gathered information with department. Attends industry training sessions.
- Responsible for identifying and correcting inefficiencies in internal account processing. As appropriate, makes recommendations to client that can enhance their marketing efforts.
- Initiates proposal documentation/process as needed. Serves as project manager on moderate to high-risk development projects. Participates in project meetings and planning on new programs. Project Management includes, but is not limited to project scheduling/tracking, resource management, coordination of multi-departmental processes.
- Mentors Client Services Specialists to perform standard processing requests without assistance. Consults and makes recommendations to clients, and develops and presents alternative solutions to management to resolve problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Self directed
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Maintains confidentiality with Allant and client information
- Generates suggestions for improving work
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks fairly
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgement
- Strives to increase productivity
- Works cohesively with team members and with contributors in other departments
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Require experience in support of direct marketing (direct mail and telemarketing) and database marketing services.
- Demonstrates ability to manage within Microsoft Office suite of products, a database query tool, email, Unix/dos, other pc software tools as necessary in order to support client/project work, and internet.
- Prefer working knowledge of Unix, DOS, Windows operating systems, and Business Intelligence Tools (such as Alterian, Business Objects, etc.).
- Ability to navigate internal systems in order to support client project work, make updates to support client assignments, and generate tracking reports. Uses internal systems to manage project work/client investigations, as necessary.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret client instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Can lead intelligent technical conversations in order to facilitate completion of a processing request. Is able to provide technical instructions.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Can interpret detailed job specs (from written or verbal input) of mid-high level complexity into clearly written and understood instructions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel may be required; may be deployed to client site on continual/routine basis (frequency dependent on account necessity), expected to entertain or participate in client entertainment activities.
Are you ready to make a difference with us?
Click the button below to email your resume.