About the Role: The Database Administrator is responsible for design, support, maintenance and monitoring of Allant’s database systems. Primary Responsibilities: Works closely with the IT infrastructure staff to ensure that system configuration as it pertains to the database environment is optimal, efficient, backed up, secure, organized and documented. Aids in the design of logical and…
About the Role:
The Database Administrator is responsible for design, support, maintenance and monitoring of Allant’s database systems.
- Works closely with the IT infrastructure staff to ensure that system configuration as it pertains to the database environment is optimal, efficient, backed up, secure, organized and documented.
- Aids in the design of logical and physical data warehouse and/or data mart environments.
- Reviews design requests and applies expertise for ensuring optimal approach.
- Creates, defines and organizes database systems.
- Tests, documents and turns over database to development staff.
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters. Tunes database Systems for optimum performance.
- Manages user/role-based access to database schemas.
- Monitors database performance and make recommendation for improved database efficiencies.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects, allocates time efficiently and in line with company priorities.
- Learns and adapts to new technical directions established by Allant.
- Researches related technological trends and initiatives, providing feedback to Management and other Development staff members.
- Researches and assesses vendor software. Coordinates and installs software systems.
- Prepares technical reports, documents, communications and user instructions.
- Provides technical assistance to systems users and other Developers.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and schema-on-read (Hadoop, Redshift, Athena, Azure synapse, Snowflake) database software as well as fundamental understanding of other commercially available software.
- Experience of working on high data volume processing applications (batch and/or real-time)
- Good Knowledge on Cloud Native design patterns and Cloud native technology (AWS, Azure).
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree in computer science or related field, or 5 years of database Administration experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the computer science field required.
- 5 years working in an IT environment with an in depth understanding of Relational database technology, concepts and practices.
- Experience developing on UNIX/Linux and/or Microsoft platforms.
- Experience developing with interpreted languages (e.g. shell scripts, PL/SQL, Perl, or similar).
- Formal experience with and training in application of logical and physical database Design concepts.
- Regular participation with other database Administration organizations. This could include user group participation, detailed industry-based training or subscription to multiple recognized industry based publications.
- Experience in keeping current and informed of technological advancements in the database field.
Are you ready to make a difference with us?
Click the button below to email your resume.