Senior Business Intelligence Developer
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will help lead the support of Allant personnel, clients and end users in their day-to-day use of Allant’s suite of business intelligence reporting tools.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will help lead the support of Allant personnel, clients and end users in their day-to-day use of Allant’s suite of business intelligence reporting tools. Technical responsibility includes managing and supporting the tool platform, as well as having an in-depth knowledge on how to develop, implement and modify reports and dashboards for both internal and external clients using the licensed software deployed by Allant. He or she will use this knowledge to offer strategic leadership, as needed, to the client in support of report design projects. They will also create and maintain project resource estimates, perform software installs & updates, manage multiple concurrent projects and field a variety of product-related requests. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is required to understand and communicate technical concepts to junior members of the support team and is expected to engage in technical conversations with the client as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as the subject matter expert (SME) for business intelligence software platforms. Functions as the primary support resource for other internal team members on business intelligence platform. Maintains ongoing technical interactions with BI software providers.
- Manages data visualization and reporting projects (and potential other developers) from project inception through operational implementation. Leads the ongoing support of clients in the application and execution of marketing reports and dashboards using software.
- Estimates new project resources in support of new client and internal data visualization and reporting initiatives and develops and administers project plans in support of these initiatives.
- Consults clients on direct marketing and customer analysis and execution activities, including the creation, implementation, and ongoing support of reports and/or dashboards.
- Deep understanding of report creation processes, including universe and template design, data & report formatting, drill-downs, filters, report scheduling, etc. Creates derived/calculated dimensions & measures using available software functionality in support of the reporting process.
- Strong understanding of data, multiple database structures and their applications in the reporting environment. Manages data(base) interaction with the tools they support (administer).
- Works collaboratively with the database development and solution architect teams to ensure data model and structures are designed and architected to meet the reporting and dashboarding requirements.
- Identify and implement program/system changes for improved performance as well as for product improvement.
- Provides observations, insights and conclusions on marketing analyses and reports.
- Creates and delivers tool demonstrations (standard and ad hoc) in support of the sales process.
- Works in a team environment and establish productive user relationships, and mentors other team members as needed.
- Collects and researches data
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Completes projects on time and budget
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Develops workable implementation plans
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Upholds organizational values
- Manages competing demands
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Business or Information Systems or 4+ years of relevant marketing database work experience
- Strong business process/operational and analytical background
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong written and oral communications, and the ability to work well in teams
- Familiarity with principles of report design and data visualization
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Experience with MS Office
- 4+ years of experience building reports in and managing the environment of Business Objects
- 3+ years of experience building Tableau reports and administering Tableau environment
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL code
- 2+ years of experience with database management and ETL
- Knowledgeable in R and/or Python
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Strong meeting and communication presence. Ability to effectively present verbal and written information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and indices.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Are you ready to make a difference with us?
Click the button below to email your resume.